Welcome to the first ever Logos Book Club meeting! Our reading subject will be the very important and influential work by St. Justin Martyr, The First Apology. The First Apology is an early work of Christian apologetics, and written to Roman Emperor Antonius Pius regarding the severe persecution of Christians, as well as an intellectual defense of Christian theology. The goal is for everyone interested to purchase access to the zoom book club meeting, download your pdf file copy of The First Apology, read as much or as little as you like, and then receive a group email with a zoom link to join our book club meeting at 7:00pm est on May 25.
- Purchase Book Club access for $5.oo
- Download pdf file in following window.
- Read, highlight, reflect, critique, that is your copy.
- Receive and email from me with the zoom link for the book club meeting on May 25 @ 7:00pm est
- Join the book club meeting with the zoom link on May 25 @ 7:00pm est to discuss our reading with each other.
- Things to Keep In Mind
- highlight and mark aspects you like, dislike, and question.
- Ask yourself what you think of St. Justin Martyr’s apologetic, is it strong? Are there weak areas? Would you have argued a different angle?
- What stood out to you and what did you learn new from the reading?
- There is no refund
- If a participant becomes a distraction to the group conversation, is belligerent, or won’t respect the other brothers and sisters in the book club they will be kicked out at anytime without refund.